Victim of My Own Mind

I haven’t written more this week because I have been ill. It is the first time I have been “sick” since I healed myself of chronic pain. I have all the symptoms back I used to have daily which is flu-like (aches, dizziness, nauseousness, loss of appetite, general lack of energy). It has been a real “wake-up” call to me.

While better for the last 10 months I have been putting enormous amounts of pressure on myself to “make up for lost time” and to be the superwoman I always have striven to be. I have wanted to succeed in all areas of my life and have been putting an enormous amount of pressure on myself to do it all NOW. I have been slacking on meditation and some of the tools I used that helped me the most due to “no time”. What could be more important than time for my mind to clear and focus?

I read Steve Pavlina’s latest post and that was another wake-up. He has been ill as well and has been using the time to assess. I will do that as well. This is obviously a call from my body for help and I intend to listen. I will reapply my methods adopted the first time I healed myself and make more of a conscious effort to keep those practices daily in my life. I will attempt to “let myself off the hook” of all my to-do’s and concentrate on my top 3.

Even when you think you have it all figured out there are times needed to reassess. I was not stopping to listen to my mind because I was too bogged down in the day to day challenges life has been throwing at me — and my body reacted to get my attention. I have faced some serious challenges in my personal life this week and have not taken the mental time to figure out ways I can deal with them constructively and what I can learn from them. Instead I have felt sad, preoccupied, a bit lost and disconnected. I will take this weekend to relax, think, meditate and look forward to coming back to my blog next week with peace and determination and I will try and leave the perfectionism behind! : )

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments

1. Neil says:

Right. No matter how many things are on your (our) list, you (we) can’t get it ALL done right now. Just the next right step. Followed by the next right step. Followed by the next right step. Etc.

Sounds like the perfect weekend you have planned. Oops, well, not “perfect” where your perfectionism kicks in and says “ok, now meditate perfectly, relax perfectly, recover perfectly” – perfect like “ah, I could use some of that!”.

Here’s to your speedy recovery, Jenny!

-Neil
    Getting to the Heart of Personal Development at NeilSattin.com

2. Jenny Mannion says:

Thanks Neil, I am REALLY looking forward to the downtime and feel better just having “granted” myself to heal and be well again. Make sure you take some time for yourself and to enjoy your beautiful family! :)

3. Greg says:

Jenny,

I’ll be sending you some information that you can convert into beneficial knowledge that should get you feeling connected. Don’t worry, help is on the way.

Take care

4. Stacie says:

Jenny,

Sorry to hear you are not well, but I too believe that sickness can be a blessing, forcing us to rest and re-evaluate. And I completely understand the pressure to be superwomen! But I think it is mostly our own perfectionism kicking in. I know our husbands, kids and friends don’t expect us to be perfect, just as we forgive their shortcomings. But it’s easy to forget that sometimes. I know I do. Any way, I’ll be sending healthy thoughts your way, and I hope you are allowing yourself rest and refreshment!

Love, Stacie

5. Jenny Mannion says:

Thanks Greg, I appreciate you helping me out. I am feeling MUCH better after my weekend of relaxation.
    Jenny

6. Jenny Mannion says:

Hey Stacie,
    How true! Got in 2 walks to fortin this weekend and some relaxation time so I am feeling better. Now if only Christina would get better and get back to school! : ) I’m enjoying the quiet time with her catching up on some much needed rest. Miss you, Jenny

7. Raymond says:

Hi Jennifer,

I’m sorry to hear about your pain.

Perhaps you can consider to use the Law of Attraction to counter the pain.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Get well soon.

8. Jenny Mannion says:

Hi Raymond, Thanks. That’s exactly what I did this past weekend. relaxed, meditated, took long walks with friends, thought good thoughts, concentrated on what I was grateful for, and let go of the stresses and instead found ways I could make them better and learn from them. The LoA is an amazing healing tool that I will continue to use (but hopefully I won’t need it much). ; ) Jenny