The Love List Project – It is Healing to Say What You Love and WHY

rainbowsAs people who know me are aware, I LOVE “LOVE”.  I was extremely touched when I heard about “The Love List Project”. The premise is simple; think and share what you love and WHY. The WHY adds another dimension and this project had me thinking a LOT this week.  In saying WHY you love something you not only connect with that person/thing more deeply but you also shine light on your inner self.   It is healing to concentrate on  what you love in your life and why. This project inspired me so much that I wrote a poem about SOME of the things/people I love and why.  Thanks to my friend Lance, from Jungle of Life for sharing this wonderful idea by Kristin Tennant.  If people took the time to think about these things weekly in their life as  proposed what a truly beautiful world it would be.

The Love List Project — Background

As I mentioned, I heard about this first through Lance, at “Jungle of Life“, in his post “What is Love, Really”.  Lance highlighted that it was Kristin Tennant from “Halfway to Normal” that this project began with, in “The Love List Project“.  Kristin asks that every Friday you go to her post and share part of your list there or you can share your list on twitter by posting with the #lovelist hashtag.  I feel this is a brilliant idea.  If we all took even a few minutes one day a week to reflect on some of the things and/or people we love and why it would put us in a place of love and gratitude surely radiating outwards to others. Thank you Lance and Kristin.  Following is a poem I was inspired to write after hearing about this project. I would encourage all my readers to also do this exercise — boy does it make you feel GOOD!

My Poem

What do I Love and Why?: A Poem Inspired by The Love List Project

What do I love and why?
What a revealing question to pose.
As I delve deeper into my list
my love for each deepens and grows.

The first thing that flashes to mind is family.
My immediate and extended who are ALL gold.
I love them all for their individuality
the special gifts they each offer and hold.

I love the friends in my life
they are true, honest and fun.
Whether talking, walking or just “being”
I feel their presence is a prize I have won.

I have always loved dancing
belly dance, yoga dance, modern and more.
It transports me and makes me feel alive
a sense of being grounded yet floating over the floor.

I love the promise of rainbows
their hues shining brightly through the wet.
They show life always has colors and promise
even in times when you feel stagnant or spent.

I love cross country skiing.
Getting out in the cold to move.
Winter can make me feel shut in
skiing gets me back in my groove.

I love laughing and being silly
whether it is with my kids, friends or hubby, Ray.
It loosens up any tightness in my physical body
makes any stress melt quickly away.

I love being in the moment
the joy of being present and here.
I can reflect on what I am grateful for
eliminate any worry or fear.

I love walks in my local park
the comfort of being surrounded by fields and woods.
Feeling the current season so strongly
it is impossible not to feel good!

I love reading other’s writing
whether it is fictional or true.
It educates and takes me
to knowledge and places I never knew.

I love writing my thoughts down
whether it is privately or right here.
It allows me to contact my inner self
make my thoughts and feelings real clear.

I love the practice of Reconnective healing
because it turns up our intuition real loud.
When we turn inwards and listen to our inner self
we do things that make ourselves proud.

I love waking up each morning
lying still silently saying what I am grateful for.
Each day brings miracles and blessings
another day means the promise of more.

I love saying what I love
and reflecting on why.
It fills me with tears of gratitude
gives me a powerful natural high.

Conclusion

Declaring what you love and explaining WHY can empower you.  It allows you to concentrate on the GOOD — no, make that AMAZING in your life. So many times people get trapped into thinking about what ISN’T good or what ISN’T working. This is a simple exercise to shift into a place of love and gratitude.  I hope my readers will take the time to leave their own list here, at Lance’s or at Kristin’s blog.  Also you can follow Lance, Kristin and myself on Twitter and use the #lovelist hashtag to tell us what YOU love and WHY. Thank you Lance and Kristin for the inspiration this week and for helping me stay in a place of love.

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments

1. Lance says:

Jenny,
    I have been so deeply moved this week, much more than I thought I would have been. And it’s all because of the outpouring of love I’ve been witness to. And then to come here, and read this beautifully written poem…Jenny, you are an amazing woman. Today, that beauty from within you shines through in words penned in poetic love.

I love that feeling of accomplishment upon helping my son finish a big homework assignment last night.

I love the early morning quiet.

I love this project that Kristin has created, nurtured, and cared for.

And I love how this whole idea just leaves me filled with such a wonderful sense of love. My days feel lighter, the sun shines more (the sun within), and I have a real belief in all the good that exists in our world.

With love always,
    Lance
    .-= Lance´s last blog ..What Is Love, Really =-.

2. Hi Lance,

QUITE a nice emotion to be in and this project did evoke that strongly in me and KEPT me there this week. :-) Sometimes it seems so easy to get caught up in those little “inconveniences” life throws at you. This exercise is so beautiful in its simplicity and in the fact that it allows us to shift into that state of love so quickly.

I am very grateful you posted about this Lance and for Kristin’s brilliance in creating it.

Thank you so much for your sweet words and for your friendship Lance. I love that I have made friends with wonderful people like you from all over the world by writing from love. THAT is a HUGE gift to me.

Love,
    Jenny

3. Wow…Amazing poem on love and healing! Really love is to life what our soul is to our body. Without love…life is lifeless! Keep up the great posts!
    .-= Vijay – Meditation Techniques Guide´s last blog ..Yoga Meditation Technique =-.

4. Hi Vijay,

Thank you – I am so happy you enjoyed it and commented. :-) I love your quote, “love is to life what our soul is to our body. Without love…life is lifeless!” – beautiful and So very true!

Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

Love,

5. Angela says:

Jenny,

Another wonderful post from you, my friend.

I love it when you write poems.
    I love the way I feel when I take time for myself.
    I love that my life is constantly changing and I can’t do anything to control it.
    I love cool mornings when the sun is just peaking over the horizon and it lands on the wet grass to make diamonds at my feet.
    I love my son, Elias, so much I think my heart will break free of my chest with the gratitude I feel for being his Mom.
    I love the feeling of peace that comes over me when we take our walks.
    I could go on and on and on and on with all the love that I have felt from you, from my family, from my friends and finally from myself.
    Thank you, Jenny.
    xoxo Ange

6. Julie says:

Lovely poem, Jenny. You’ve a talent!

The “why” is what gives it all meaning for us, isn’t it. Without that, saying what we love (or thinking it, even) is just a smattering-of-going through the motions. We ALWAYS need our “whys,” for whatever it is we’re focusing on, and especially on Love. ;)
    .-= Julie´s last blog ..Honor Redux, with a Twist =-.

7. Hi Ange,
    I love it when you leave a comment for me because it reminds me of your kind heart in the middle of my day! :-) Thank you for sharing your loves. Our talks and walks have been SUCH an important part of my healing and growing and I still learn, laugh and feel peace each time we venture out! I love you and Elias like family and feel so blessed to have you in our lives. Happy weekend!!! Walk tomorrow? Same time, same place? ;-)
    Tons of love and hugs,

8. Hi Julie,

Thanks so much! EXACTLY — we do NEED the whys… it has us delve deeper and really look inside. Gratitude lists are great as well but to spend those extra few seconds things about WHY you are grateful or love that someone or something really gets you in that feeling state and is so very healing.

Lovely to have you here and thank you for the comment.

Love,

9. Evita says:

Hellooooo Jenny! Wow is this poem ever awesome!

I so much enjoyed reading what you wrote, what you love, why you love it, etc. But I really, really love the format you chose. I feel it makes is that much more “special”.

It was really beautiful :)

I think this is an amazing project idea. In a world where we may sometimes wonder “where has all the love gone” – it is things like these that show us that it is still very much alive and spread by many amazing beings, who ask for nothing in return.

So yes, let us spread more love!!!
    .-= Evita´s last blog ..Evolving Being In Action: Akemi Gaines =-.

10. Hi Evita,

BLUSH — thank you :-) You enjoying it means a lot to me. I love writing poetry and don’t do it as often as I would like.. it is nice when I get inspiration like this and an hour or so later a poem is born! :-)

I, too think this is a wonderful project idea. Love is everywhere and this is a beautiful way to share and appreciate the goodness in all of our lives.

Thanks Evita for your sweet words.

Much Love, xoxo

11. Mike Foster says:

I love the premise of actually writing down the things you love rather than just verbally expressing it…or just thinking about it. By writing down positive and loving ideals it can only bring more love to your life. Beautiful post.

peace,
    mike
    livelife365
    .-= Mike Foster´s last blog ..What Is Quinoa? =-.

12. Hi Mike and thank you. :-) Writing down anything reinforces it and it only takes that few extra minutes to do so…. When I “think” about list like this it BECOMES more of a list…. when I write I am more apt to expand and stick with it drawing out more and more information from my inner self… With my coaching clients I always ask them to use writing exercises and find that when this is done is when the real “A-Ha” moments are reached.

Thank you for continuing to enlighten me on healthy food choices. I really enjoy all the information you give AND how you present it. :-)

Thanks again for your comments.

Love,

13. Fay says:

I’ve had the pleasure of reviewing “Heal Pain Naturally” and I’m pleased to inform you that your blog will appear on the Blogging Women directory.

Thank you for sharing your blog with me and now the many readers of our blog directory.

Keep up the great work and I’m looking forward to your future post.
    .-= Fay´s last blog ..Leaders by Nature =-.

14. Hi Fay,
    Thanks so much. You have many wonderful blogs listed through your site and I am honored to be among them. Thank you for your kind words and inclusion in your directory.
    Gratefully,

15. Walter says:

I love life because it has given me the opportunity to experience its mystery. And I also love blogging because it has liberated the inner me. :-)

16. Hi Walter,

Welcome – thanks for reading and for sharing a comment. Blogging has also liberated me — and boy am I with you on life being a mystery! I learn every day and it is a real joy to be able to communicate some of my observances here.

Thanks again!
    Gratefully,

17. Amy Jewell says:

Hi Jenny!

What a great poem! I was thinking as I was reading it – cool! We love a lot of the same things!

Hope all is well with you!

Love,

Amy
    .-= Amy Jewell´s last blog ..The Joy Diet: Week 3 – Truth =-.

18. Hi Amy,

We DO have a lot in common, don’t we? :-) Glad you liked the poem. Hope all is well with you too and it would be great to catch up soon to talk about everything we’re both up to.

Lotsa Love, xo
    Jenny

19. Beautiful! Nothing else to say:-)
    .-= Lisa (mommymystic)´s last blog ..Chakra Immunity Boost For You and Your Kids =-.

20. Robin says:

Hi Jenny – you are a poet! – love from Rob
    .-= Robin´s last blog ..Can Limitations Be Useful? =-.

21. Happy go Lucky says:

Hi Jenny,

What a wonderful idea – I am one of your new followers, I have only been with you a week or two but love the way you write! I am so inspired by this love list, especially since I’ve just turned a corner on my emotional journey where I have finally had to accept and treasure someone who has hurt me. If you’re interested, its the latest post, ‘I dedicate this to you Dad, Happy Birthday’ on my blog, http://happy-go-lucky-mylife.blogspot.com I hope you enjoy it if you do read it.

I find it fascinating when things like this occur, I’ve just had an amazing revelation and felt compelled to write about it this morning and then I checked out your blog right afterwards and you have given me a tool to attempt to keep this invigorating feeling in me. Thank you!

I hope you and your readers have a wonderful day.

22. Hi Lisa,

Thank you! As always I LOVE hearing from you. Your new post sounds awesome and like something I definitely would use. Thanks for all your inspiration.

Love,

23. Hey Robin,
    Yep, kinda ;-) I’ve loved writing poetry since I can remember – my first memory is one of mine being read on the radio in 3rd grade… funny, we got out the big old tape recorder that we had then and still had the tape a few years ago when I stumbled across it. It is definitely another love and one I always say “I’ll do more of”. :-)
    Love, xo
    Jenny

24. Welcome Happy Go Lucky!
    I just read your post and was extremely touched. One of my favorite quotes is Dr. Chopra’s “You must realize everyone is doing the best they can from their own state of consciousness”. You obviously know this and have chosen to celebrate the good in your dad instead of hanging on and blaming him for the “bad”. I applaud you for that. There are lessons everywhere. Most people do not hurt other intentionally – it is the person as you say “groping in the dark” and they are also just acting on what they know and the culmination of who they are at that moment.

Thanks for reading and your nice comments. I look forward to getting to know you and to reading more of your blog.

Gratefully with love,

25. Suzie Cheel says:

Love your Poem Jenny. I love writing poetry too , just haven’t been doing it often.

Later today I am going to sit and meditate on love.

I will join the #lovelist and share my poem on my blog
    Love & hugs
    Suzie
    .-= Suzie Cheel´s last blog ..Law of Attraction Carnival #55 =-.

26. Hi Suzie,

I love your words and poems in your beautiful book and can’t wait to see what you write next! :-) This is such a wonderful idea and one I can use to meditate on today… been a weird few days! :-)

Thanks as always for your kind words and for reading. I will stop by your blog to see what you have written.

Lots of Love,

27. RB says:

This is a such a great idea. I just saw Adaptation last night–and loved the quote, “you are what you love, not what loves you.” Great timing and great writing.
    .-= RB´s last blog ..The Wired Warrior: Move into Fear =-.

Trackbacks

1. [...] is spreading on the web- thanks to Kristin for setting this up. Today I will share my new list at  Jenny Mannion’s [...]