On Tuesday January 20, 2009 I will post my review of Jump Start.com (a wonderful interactive educational and fun environment for kids ages 3-10). As regular readers of my blog know I am a HUGE fan of Jump Start. I have reviewed quite a few of their games and my children have been playing their games since they began using the computer. Jump Start is nice enough to offer ONE of my readers:
– A copy of the newest version Jump Start Kindergarten called “The Legend of Grizzly McGuffin” AND
– Free 3 month FULL membership to jumpstart.com as a prize.
What to do to enter the Jump Start.com Contest:
1) Visit Jumpstart.com (free to play as a non-member). Or if you want to try out the full membership for one month you can use the Promo code 02CENTS to get a month of membership for 2 cents.
2) Email me a comment on or before Saturday January 17, 2009 11:59PM EST to: firstname.lastname@example.org with SUBJECT: JUMPSTART CONTEST
I will NOT be accepting entries via the comments section you MUST email me and follow the following directions for eligibility:
– In YOUR EMAIL TO ME: Tell me WHAT you like about Jumpstart.com and your name (at least first name and last initial) and a valid email address. Alternatively you can send in something your child said they liked or found cool about the site.
– THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL MUST READ: JUMPSTART CONTEST
(If you have a website, you can include that url info too — please no spam or you will be disqualified from the contest.)
3) I will include most comments submitted by readers in my review of Jumpstart.com on Tuesday January 20. At the same time I will announce the winner. I will assign a number to each comment I receive in the order received. The winner will be chosen by a random number picker.
4) If you are the winner you will need to supply an address as to WHERE to mail the prize.
Simple right? I wish everyone good luck and I am so happy to be giving out 2 of Jump Start’s great products as a prize.
I have compiled my previous info/reviews of JumpStart Products below for you to get an idea of the quality of their products:
INFO/REVIEWS OF JUMPSTART PRODUCTS
Jump Start Preschool is a GREAT game for 2-5 year olds. It teaches mouse control and offers lots of fun learning games. Lot of cute animations in cute little voices…. The Jump Start games for any ages are great but the preschool is my favorite. It teaches them how to get in and out of the different games offered which allows the children to learn some early independence on the computer.
The goals needed to make the badge also make it seem like an adventure game combined since you need to get things from certain characters and fulfill tasks given to you. Jump Start will ask you if you want to sign up for their subscription plan which includes 10 more levels at $8/level. It will wait until your child has finished one lesson before trying to download another. You can pay for a lesson at a time and then decide if you do in fact want the lessons to keep on going.
The games are age appropriate and are based on the US standards for schools. My daughter gets so caught up in the games she does not realize she is “working” on her numbers and reading at the same time. This is a safe game to let your child play alone or to watch them play and help them if they do get stuck and need assistance — it will depend on your 4 or 5 year old’s experience playing games by themselves.I highly recommend Jump Start World Kindergarten. My kids have a lot of the Jumpstart games for different ages and I do love them.
JumpStart First Grade (Ages 5-7) is a GREAT game with tons of activities to teach addition, subtraction, reading, money, time, music, art and following directions. Children can change the level difficulty themselves by clicking on the level gauge on the screen. Lots of fun stories and music and engaging games.
Jump Start has MANY other games for all ages including art games and more. Amazon.com lists tons of good reviews for all Jump Start games. For more information on other games they offer and for reviews please go here.
Good luck in the contest! Jump Start is an amazing educational resource for children and I am delighted to include readers comments in my final review and to give away their quality products at the same time!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.